Monday, April 19, 2010

The joys of community, and why I'm doing it all over again

1. Because there are so many other girls to share clothes with.

2. Because there is always something silly to get conned into doing, like composting or running barefoot through the city or going to a karaoke bar.

3. Because there is a big table in the dining room that six people who were strangers eight months ago, now sit around sharing stories, tears, laughs, and pieces of themselves.

4. Because Jordan will catch up with me on his bike on the way home from work and stop to walk with me.

5. Because Lucas invites me along to partake in his busy social life since I don't have one.

6. Because Kierstin and I always have similar stories to share about work.

7. Because Tricia pokes her head into mine and Kristina's room before she goes to bed asking what we are doing since she gets lonely in her penthouse.

8. Because Kristina and I share a room, and sometimes we laugh, and sometimes we cry, and sometimes we cuddle, and sometimes we dance.

9. Because dinner tastes better when it's made from scratch and with love.

10. Because books are better when you live with other people who like to read and you can swap them and talk about how much you love them.

11. Because life and love are more fulfilling experiences when you get to share them with other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment