Wednesday, November 18, 2009

lentil stroganoff, pot pie, lasagne, and brownie bundt

So, this post is mostly for everyone I went to college with. Remember how I used to not be able to cook? Remember how there were neverending jokes about my lack of ability near any kitchen gadgets (including stove, oven, refrigerator)? Remember, Allison, how you used to tell people that my cooking involved putting cheese on a starch and throwing it in the microwave? Remember when I was helping someone slice potatoes and I started grating them with the cheese grater? Remember? Remember? Remember? DO YOU?!?!?!?!

Well, my friends, those days are over. JVC has had tremendously wonderful magical powers upon my lack of ability when it comes to cooking. I'm going to go ahead and toot my own horn for a little while and say that I have become an excellent chef (much like Tricia), and my delectable entrees have included, but are not limited to, lentil stroganoff, lasagne, chicken pot pie, and a brownie bundt.

Gone are the days of cheesey microwaved meals. Gone are the days of grating potatoes. Gone are the days of dishes that only slightly resemble food.

It is the dawn of a new day.

1 comment:

  1. Minus ten points for lentil stroganoff- you made that at McMurry so it was already in your repertoire.

    Minus ten points for lasagne because, alas it is cheese melted onto a starch, but plus 10 points for having to use the oven and add other stuff to the starch/cheese staple.

    plus ten points for the chicken pot pie (as long as it wasn't frozen).

    plus ten pionts for the brownie bunt, and plus a thousand more if you make me one :)

    :)

    Yay I'm glad you can cook now and won't gain 15 lbs eating cheesy fires with tabasco sauce!!!

    ReplyDelete